…and their eulogies sang me to sleep – the agonist lyrics
…and their eulogies sang me to sleep
all i heard was the sound of fish who’d drowned.
all i saw was the inside of my eyelids.
all i said fell short of reaching open ears.
word’s floating, clouding the view…
“see no, hear no, speak no evil” leave you deaf, dumb and blind, because the bad is all that you’ll find.
a deeply heart-felt goodbye to the part of me that dies when i decided to put others before me, yes, my heart fell asleep — boredom and fatigue.
i always said i wanted to die smiling, to pretend i’m at peave.
now from my corpse beams a frigid, blank grin and once hopeful eyes are sunken in.
like a lullaby to the cradle is the eulogy to the casket.
all my flaws swept under the table to grieve the porcelain doll that was me.
their solemn songs sang me to sleep as my body escaped me.
welcome down to the new world!
happiness is being interred!
such a shameful masquerade!
fleeting, frozen minutes on display.
why is evolution such a shameful thing to say?
can you feel your bodily decay?
arms are beside me, hands open wide.
seems i was living my life in rewind, taking so many steps backwards, not looking behind.
because i can sure as h-ll feel my brain going blank.
if my body betrays me, this pollution to thank.
this condition infects my cells like it controls my mind.
internal army, defend me behind enemy lines!
fragile vehicle of mine!
don’t abandon me yet!
there is so much to live for that we so easily forget.
fascination with the fear…
the concept escapes me.
all encomp-ssing fate… how it wrenches out hearts, torments our souls ans sings us all to sleep, to an eternal keep, no matter what beliefs, it sings us all…
- stop - great northern lyrics > great northern
- nothing but a child - lee ann womack lyrics > lee ann womack
- open your life - helloween lyrics > helloween
- new again - lee ann womack lyrics > lee ann womack
- in deh - the itals lyrics > the itals
- mel limão - hotelo lyrics > hotelo
- la doudoune - jul lyrics > jul
- one life - kalai lyrics > kalai
- life is wasted on the living - the fin. lyrics > the fin
- for the world - man overboard lyrics > man overboard